Syns Per Serving : Syn Free
• 500gm lean minced beef, 5% fat or less
• 1 beef stock cube
• 2 large onions, diced
• 500gm pack carrot and swede diced
• 2lb potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
• 2 x 400gm cans baked beans in tomato sauce
• Worcestershire sauce, to taste
1. Heat a large non-stick pan, add the beef then fry over a medium-high heat until browned, stirring often and breaking up any lumps with a spoon. Crumble in the stock cube and mix well.
2. Add the vegetables, stir to mix with the beef and pour in enough boiling water (about 1 litre) to cover. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and stir well. Cover the pan and simmer gently for about 30 mins or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Tip in the baked beans, sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce to taste, stir well and heat through. Taste for seasoning. Serve with extra Worcestershire sauce or Tabasco, for those who like a peppery hot taste.