Syns per serving : Negligible
400ml chicken stock
2 tbsp light soy sauce
4 tbsp tomato purée
2 tbsp cider vinegar
¼ tsp sweetener
2 tbsp medium curry powder
1 level tbsp cornflour (1 Syn)
Low calorie cooking spray
4 large skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
4 red peppers, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
2.5cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
2 small red onions, peeled and quartered
2 tomatoes, quartered
6 spring onions, finely sliced
1. In a large bowl, whisk the stock, soy sauce, tomato purée, vinegar, sweetener, curry powder and cornflour. Set aside.
2. Spray a wok or large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 6-8 minutes until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
3. Wipe the pan with kitchen paper and re-spray with low calorie cooking spray. When hot, stir-fry the peppers for 2-3 minutes then stir in the ginger and stir-fry for a further 30-40 seconds.
4. Pour in the stock mixture, return the chicken to the pan and add the onions and tomatoes. Cook, stirring continuously, for 10-12 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is hot.
5. Scatter over the spring onions and serve immediately.